Tuesday, July 18, 2017

My Review of Swap.com

So back in March, I was thinking about sending some "reject" inventory to swap.com. After asking you all for advice, I decided to go for it. Worst case they reject everything and I am out $10 shipping.

So....off a box went of about 30 items; most are NWT except for the clothes. I am told I would receive an email to price once they receive it (they have 60 days). 65 days go by and nothing. I email customer service and receive a response 3 days later stating it has just been accepted for sorted and would be a few more days. I would receive another email once it was completed. I never received that email and completely forgot about it.

So....I guess they auto priced it.



They have a "shareable" link. The pictures are pretty good.

Once I noticed my items were live I adjusted the price to "sell for a lower price for a quick sell. I don't feel like $6 for a used skirt is a great deal but that white dress pictured is $27 but has $125 (i think) price tag on it so thats great.

Overall after fees selling 7 items I have made $40 after shipping fees were taken out.

I'm not happy with the communication; listing and forgetting it isn't a great business model when your inventory is in someone elses hands.

I won't be using them again (probably).

It was easy to use which is nice but the lack of communication really is a deal killer for me.

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting post; thank you! I completely agree; poor communication would be a deal breaker for me too. That is inexcusable when they are holding YOUR inventory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree. While expensive, Amazon FBA has great communication (even if the answer they give is typically wrong!) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Just found your blog. I have found good things to purchase (and in fact will write about them soon) but I was wary of sending anything of mine there, so I appreciate your view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Glad you stopped by. If you have a blog, leave a link and I will add to my reader list.

      Delete
  3. You did way better than me. I only had 3 things get accepted and made 0 after fees. I might try again for dud inventory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. before writing this, I went back and read the comments of my original post to swap. I saw you mentioned it then....which is why I almost didn't send. Dud inventory might be worth it, maybe you will get a good "checker" employee. I'm not sure if I want to again...not a fan of the shipping fee.

      Delete
  4. Do you think they accepted everything you sent? Yep! That kind of business model isn't going to work for long. I hope you make more $$$ for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. They have a "not accepted" tab and nothing was there anyway. Since it was dud inventory I didn't keep track (I know shame on me). I think it will be like most consignment online business models they come and go.

      Delete