Monday, June 12, 2017

BOLO Simpson's Holiday Express Christmas Train Set

So if you have followed me long enough, you know I hate shipping anything I have to bubble wrap, and decorative pieces in general. Just not my thing.

However, I went to a yard sale on the next street over and came across TONS of Simpson's stuff at a wicked cheap price. I didn't get most as I have more than I can list already. I picked up a NIP Aladdin DVD, a piano keyboard bench (I'm going to set up a music stand and bench in the corner so my little trumpet and clarinet players have a proper place to practice) and lots of books for the kids all for $7.

Then I spied this.





The Simpsons Holiday Express Christmas Train. Limited edition hand numbered blah blah blah. I know the Simpsons is popular and Christmas figures/trains/villages are popular and for only $20 why not? Worst case senario I throw it in my own yard sale (and it came in a nice tote).

I got 20 trains (18 have certificates of authenticity), and another 4 that have pieces broken off and once hubby glues them will be sold as damaged/repaired.

The lowest piece I have seen on a buy it now is $20 (sold during the summer). Most pieces only have 1 or 2 listed and the average price is $50. A couple pieces have none listed and I plan on listing for $80; all will have best offer.

Overall I should make $500 (easily) to $1000 (pushing the max of the high end).







Here's a couple of my favorites just for giggles.

Also picked up a Christmas and Halloween outdoor inflatable decoration at $5 for both. 




2 comments:

  1. I wish you the best on reselling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good find. Would you be tempted to keep them until Christmas and get a higher price?

    ReplyDelete