Saturday, April 8, 2017

Happy Yard Sale Season!

So I totally didn't plan on going to yard sales until mid May to give me a chance to 1) have my own yard sale and 2) mid May I have a week vacation I plan on using to tame the inventory monster.

This morning a yard sale was advertised and had pictures of rollerblades. My oldest who loves to rollerblade broke his the end of last year. Being that it was 5 minutes away, I took the chance and he and I went over to check it out.

The good news: they were exactly his size. The bad news: she was out of her ever loving mind wanting $15 for a pair of used kids rollerblades. I mean goodness gracious I can go to Walmart and get a pair for $25-30. And she wasn't budging. (I wish I had paid more attention to the advertisement because this is one of the houses I have blacklisted for outrageous prices and only go if I have time but they are always on the bottom of my list). After walking away, she came to me and said she would take $10 (which I still thought was high but more reasonable). So my little buddy got rollerblades and a couple books.

I poked around. She hemmed and hawed over every price (like it was seriously rediculous....you aren't doing me a favor). She wanted $20 for each coat (more on that in a minute) I offered her $39 for both (only because I didn't have an extra dollar).....and it took her several minutes to decide.

I know most yard sales aren't like this but it wasn't a good start.

OK I'm done complaining now. Here's what I got (at a great price)

 This alarm clock is discontinued. Its going on Amazon for $50 (I paid $1)

 And wow was there Harley Davidson stuff. At halfway decent prices too. This is a size XXL mens (big sizes have always sold better for me). It was $20
 Harley shirt $2
 Womens Harley coat $10
 Harley Mens coat $20
Have you ever noticed days of yard saling you find tons of the same thing but none for the rest of the season? I didn't find this at the yard sale today (i bought it 2 years ago) but I found it while cleaning today (it's build a bear and worth less than $10)

I probably won't go out for a few more weeks but it was a good start. I'm hoping for around $100 per jacket would be nice.

6 comments:

  1. Those are some great finds.It's not only yard sale season, but it's also motorcycle ridin' season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is....and people are already not being careful. 3 reported motorcycle accidents in the last week. 1 directly in front on my neighborhood. Everytime I think about learning to ride, I think about the danger....in PA people suck at driving :D

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised that Build-a-Bear things don't go for much. I don't know much about that field. I found 3 pairs of shoes for $1 a pair, and then found out they don't see well and aren't worth much. I suppose if I sell them all together, I can at least get rid of them a make a menial profit. I hope you get a decent price for yours.

    I have to throw myself into the garage to go through more stuff for a yard sale. I had saved some decor to see if I could use it after we moved. I think I can, but I'm sure there's some stuff we can't use. I think I should have the garage sale soon while it's still cool.

    Let the yard sale games begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumor is they used to go for quite a bit....but that was before I got into eBay good. Lotting them together does seem like your best bet.

      I have tomorrow off and was going to start the yard sale piles....until I found a hornet in my attic tonight. There will be no more of that until hubby deems the area hornet-less. :D

      Let the games begin!!

      Delete
  3. Seems like some great deals. I hope the jackets sell well for you.

    ReplyDelete