Wednesday, May 25, 2016

100% Positive Feedback!

....for less than a week. Yeah, sadly after working so hard toward a better feedback score (it was 98.9%) I person didn't read my handling time. Apparently they needed it in 4 days and my handling time is 3. I was never notified and negative feedback was handed to me. Sigh. Things like that make me seriously hate people. That was 2 weeks ago. Since then I have gotten 2 more neutral feedback about my handling time. Seriously people can't you read?!?!?!


My feedback score is 99.6% so it is still up. I started my new job today; it seems like less hours, more pay, and less stress. The bill just passed about low salary employees directly affects me so I guess I can be thankful. I will receive 10 hours of OT a week but the company plans to make sure I don't work more than that. My previous job I was working 55-60 hours a week.

Kmart's last day was Sunday. I wish I got there earlier. 90% off everything. The real winner was my dog. 6 big bags of Purina Beyond food for $2.99 a bag. I told the vet we feed him whatever is on sale; she is OK with him switching foods. Apparently it helps prevent food allergies. I think it saves my budget.

Even with tons of people in the store when I got there and many people pulling 2 carts, I still bought 3 overflowing carts of stuff. Christmas presents, PJs for the kids, shoes for me, and TONS for Amazon. There are a couple things for eBay also; however, I didn't feel like buying more eBay items was a good use of the $. Around $300 total was spent. I had to call hubby to get me as it didn't fit in my car.

The party store across the street is going out of business; I guess that's where our next focus will be. For those who haven't heard, Sports Authority is also going out of business nationwide. An Ollie's trip is due soon also.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have a million and 2 Amazon shipments to make and my car could be on the vehicle version of Hoarders.

16 comments:

  1. Great buying!! Sad that business's are closing down but it does make for some great buys. One of the bookshop chains here in Australia closed down and all the books were $1. Those were good days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they make some changes to the feedback system earlier this year? Or was that only the defect system? Do you still have to worry about defects? I haven't sold in so long that I lost my TRS. Glad the new job is better with less stress and not such long hours.

      Delete
    2. $1 for books? That is a great buy! While I still read paper books, I don't sell a lot. I don't have any luck :D

      Delete
    3. and Lorraine, yes they did. I didn't follow exactly what they did. I sell so little now on eBay I'm not even close to the "acceptable" limit. So I don't worry about it. I'm taking the ignorant road while I can.

      Delete
    4. They made it so only cancelled transactions for item not in stock/can't fufill and cases closed without resolution are defects but you can only have like 2 or 3% defect before you lose TRS. So feedback is not a defect anymore.

      Delete
  2. We don't have Kmart or sports authority but do have an ollies. Any sourcing tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't know Ollie's well. I have only been there like 3 times. Some stuff is a steal while most is too expensive for resell. Patience maybe? :D

      Delete
  3. Also, that is ridiculous about the negative and neutral feedback. I agree that people don't fully read the listing. I sold an item on Amazon MF and the customer complained that it looked like it had been used. It was listed as collectible and the wear was deceived in the listing. Read, people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh and Amazon is so much harsher than ebay on those. I'm sorry. Reading eliminates so many issues :D

      Delete
    2. Trying to avoid negative FB on eBay right now. I sold a discontinued Mary Kay product and actually took a PICTURE of the expiration date for the listing. The buyer just messaged me and is very angry that the product is so old. I nicely pointed out that there was a photo. Now, I'm going to have to give a partial refund just to avoid negative FB. Not my fault she didn't pay attention to what she bought! Ugh

      Delete
  4. If you shipped within your handling time, eBay should be able to remove the negative feedback. I'm not sure if they'll remove neutrals though. Give them a call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I used to fight everything. Now I kinda roll my eyes and move on. :D Unless it's something major I don't call. I get agitated really easy.

      Delete
  5. that sucks with the feedback, I finally got my first negative off my account (that year felt like forever!) and I can't shake the feeling like it only takes one buyer to mess it up again. Congrats with the new job and on the kmart haul!

    Grace recently posted over at Picked by Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! That's the perk to having lots of sales; 1 doesn't matter quite so much. I feel like 99% of the buyers are awesome. It's the first problem I have had in quite a long time.

      Delete
  6. The Savenger Life Podcast couple always say that if you shipped within the handling time, ebay will remove the negative feedback. You should call in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could and they would probably remove it but with the agitation and the time spent on hold to talk to someone completely incompetent, I feel like I could spent my time better :D

      Delete