Sunday, April 10, 2016

A Comment Worth a Whole Post

Typically I try my best to comment back to every comment; I love the interaction and feedback I receive from you guys. Also I have gotten my fair share of both love and hate in comments and messages as I try to keep it honest through good, bad, and ugly. Any longtime readers know the struggle I have had recently with bad/ugly and balance.

Yesterday while food shopping, I received and email showing I had gotten a new comment on my March numbers post. (I was so angry I deleted the comment immediately; however, I showed the email to my hubby who encouraged me to write this and get stuff out in the open).

Unknown has left a new comment on your post "March Numbers":

Wow, just wow. Why would you keep shopping when you are making so little and you say you have things to list already. You sound hopeful but really, you haven't made much money at this. You have a shopping addiction and you could spend time with your family instead of just shopping. 


At first I was absolutely livid.....congratulations you have a blank profile, didn't have the balls to leave your name, and write horrible comments. You are a cyberbully, a troll, with the maturity level of a high school teenager. Honestly I planned to tell you what a miserable person you must be, but I am sure you already know that. To be completely honest you are in my prayers now and that has melted any anger I have towards you.

After a lot of talking to my husband and others who wouldn't lie to me and gave me their opinion, I decided to comment with an entire post. (since clearly people aren't taught if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything).

I can guarantee you right now I am not a shopping addict. I do shop often as a hobby. Do you have hobbies? Do you bowl? Play golf? Pay money on gaming consoles? They all cost money. I cut myself slack because while yes this is a business, it is also my hobby. Currently my only hobby.

I say I have currently inventory to list but yet I bought so much more. Since you seem to have been a reader for a bit you know that in my business there are 2 separate  (and mostly distinct) sects: eBay and Amazon. I do eBay/Etsy exclusively; hubby does Amazon. Yes I do have more to list; with the exception of $5 all was spent on Amazon inventory. Inventory that is listed and shipped out within 48 hours.

The $5 I spent on eBay inventory could be argued that it is a safety service. It was a lime green Bumbo. Not only do I enjoy selling these but I seek out the currently recalled not fixed ones. Bumbo at one time sent me 15 recall kits at a time because they know that I fix the seats. While I don't personally feel they were unsafe before, it doesn't hurt to fix a recall.

I can see where you would get the deduction I have stuff all over my house from my clutter post last week. That equates to 3 (now listed, some sold) totes. When I moved out of my office in October, my attic was PACKED to the hilt with stuff flowing everywhere. Now it is 1/4 to 1/3 full with empty totes and even empty shelves.

If you have been a long time reader you would know about my credit card for the business. You would know it was not a shopping addiction but rather coping (wrongly) from severe depression from a miscarriage. However, if you have any decency you wouldn't bring it up at all. That miscarriage (3 years later) is still an incredibly sore topic for me. However, you would look back to the end of the year posts (pre-2nd round Amazon) and what I didn't spend on inventory. You would see what I have stashed away to pay my miscarriage mistakes.

In fact if you had followed me for any length of time you would know how far I have come from impulse buying to being cold and calculated. Because, yes, I can be a bit impulsive. And that's not a bad thing.

I am hopeful. Why? Because while I have been posting numbers for 2 years this is the first time hubby has been involved. Hubby is floating right around genius level; his aptitude being numbers, percentages, etc. He is rocking this Amazon deal. It is 2 months old. It takes time.

Because you don't have a blog, I can only assume you haven't tried you hand (or have, failed, and are bitter) at reselling and feel the need to belittle others. I don't stoop that low.

Also this last sentence does make me want to reach over and bitch slap you. Spend time with my family? What on God's green earth makes you think that you know THE FIRST THING about my family?!?!?!?! Not that it is any of your business but I never do this alone. I "go on a shopping date" with hubby who I rarely see. Or I rotate children; we go to McDonald's and get a hot fudge sundae, talk about school, and make special trips to the "girly sections" (nail polish, Barbie aisle) or to the video game section. I am a freaking awesome mother and don't you EVER forget it.

As a courtesy reminder I am not over here forcing you to read my posts....in fact if you have nothing good to say I prefer you don't. However, for those who have been with me since the beginning, have watched me fall flat on my face over and over, and have still encouraged me to get back up and fight, I sincerely appreciate you all from the bottom of my heart.


 

20 comments:

  1. You Go Girl!!!! You showed amazing restraint with your reply and I applaud you for that. Of course let the ghost blogger walk a mile in your shoes and see how well they do.cIt takes courage to look at both sides of everything and blog about reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :D I'm glad it seemed like there was restraint; I tend to get feisty when you bring my family into it.

      Delete
  2. Don't let them get you down! I have people in my own immediate family who say the same type of things to my face and behind my back. They don't understand how this business works. They make comments like- Oh, look her car is all filled up again, there she is spending all of the family's money. I made more money than the people who make these comments to me, like $40,000 more, by myself, while helping get my hubby diagnosed with a TBI (that they never noticed he had) dealing with severe depression myself, raising 2 children, emotionally and financially helping to support my stepdaughter and her new baby, cleaning the house, and losing 30 pounds. So, let them talk, let them post- whatever- you do just keep moving forward for yourself! I am proud of the progress you have made in paying down debt. You learn from your mistakes. Let he who is perfect cast the first stone, right? Hang in there! We're here for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pretty much commented this on your blog but you have been such an amazing inspiration for the last 3 give or take years i have read your blog. You have tackled and world and seem to be handling all your challenges with such grace!

      Delete
  3. Social media was the worst thing invented in my opinion - it's just taught some that words don't have any weight if they're written from behind a keyboard. I can't count how many comments I've read and wondered if the OP would have said the same thing to someone's face - whether it be because of the accountability issues or fear of being slapped.

    I appreciate you sharing what works and what hasn't - not many people do that and it does keep others from going down the same path. I don't comment much but wanted to pop in on this one. I'm afraid I use your blog as a blog reader for others on your roll and am always pleased to see when you've put up a new post. I was a little disappointed when you got the other job because I figured it would cut down on your posting. Selfish, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually work with 2 people who have no filter at all. It's pretty aweful on the worst days. LOL. I do the same thing for a blog reader; I never finished mine so I use Kari's from She Thrifts....glad I'm not the only one. I have always loved writing I did freelance for a while (I rarely "proofread" the blog so sometimes I wonder how it comes out). I have cut down thrifting so sometime I feel the posts are "fluff" but I do my best :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Grace,
    I am a longtime reader who has never commented before. I don't comment on many blogs because I do not have a blogger or google account & have to comment as anonymous so I tend to not comment often. I just wanted to let you know I am also a re seller on ebay & I have learned so much form you & some of the other bloggers, Thank You for that! Please don't let people like that get to you. You do a great job with all you deal with. Keep on doing what you are doing & ignore that naysayers!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you commenting. Welcome! I don't mind the anonymous so much....if I can get away with not registering with places I do also. It's the anonymous followed by the nasty comments. Thanks for the encouragement. If your ever up for blogging LMK and I'll add you to my role when I remember LOL.

      Delete
    2. I will Thank You!
      Rhonda

      Delete
  5. Hi Grace, I read an article today that the secret of rich & successful people is they don't hang around with negative, pessimistic people, like this jerk. Some people just want to drag you down to their miserable level. Ignore and keep improving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to surround with optimism. Dave Ramsey also say the rich listen to audio books over music. Can't do that one :/ LOL

      Delete
  6. FIrst sign of sucess in a blog is a troll, so honey your now a sucess!!! I admit to a shopping addiction , for a long time eBay payed the bills and it will have to again I'm sure, but I'm well aware that my energy has limits and pace is everything for me . I'm currently working lots of hours in my real world job , but this gets me out and enables me to buy the things I love but only for pennies .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo on the sucess LOL! Thanks for your encouragement. I completely agree. Hubby often yells at me for working long hours and then coming home and "working". At first he hated this blog then he realized how therapeutic it is for me.

      Delete
  7. Trolls are just that, trolls. It takes courage to post numbers, admit mistakes, show the difficulties and not just the successes. It does not take courage to post an anonymous comment. He is a coward of the worst kind, and not worth a minute more of your time. Scrape him off the bottom of your shoe and move on girl, you have a lot of good people rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the encouragement! You guys seriously are the best <3

      Delete
  8. What you said X 10! I enjoy reading your blog because you show the good, the bad, and the ugly. And "choppy" is not only ugly but a total coward. SMAK! My virtual bitch slap! Enough about that jerk.

    Just letting you know Grace that I appreciate all your posts, your experiments and your generous spirit in sharing your journey with us. You are fearless and an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (blushing) awww thanks! I read a lot of blogs where people only put themselves out as experts or gurus and I personally prefer to read the "real life" blogs. Not all of us makes 100k a year LOL

      Delete
  9. Just wanted to pop in and say that I love your blog for the realness of it. Your bravery in showing your numbers is what made me not afraid to show mine. I put off blogging for a long time because I was intimidated by some of the numbers I was seeing on other reseller's blog but I quickly realized that most of those are GROSS numbers and they fail to take into account the various expenses that comes with reselling. Thank you for documenting your reselling journey and forget about anyone that Monday morning quarterbacks you. There is no manual in reselling, it's a trial and error learn from our mistakes kind of game. What works for one, might not for another. Keep up the great work and don't let anyone get you down. You got this girl!!!!!

    Grace recently posted over at Picked by Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, just wow - I have never been trolled (knock on wood). Good for you to do a post on it. Lawd knows we are all just trying to make an extra buck. Why not resell what others might be seeking? I hope you roll in the dough this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete