Saturday, April 4, 2015

Trouble in (eBay) Paradise but a Silver Lining

I will say I am pretty proud of myself with not letting problem buyers get to me. I used to take it so personally and felt the buyer was trying to steal from me. Now I just sigh, roll my eyes, count it as a tax deduction and move on.

Well yesterday morning I got the dreaded red circle.

U SHOULDNOT lie!! I could clean but looks 2 OLD & ITS RIPPED 4 corners!!

This is the item in question :





When I looked it over there were no tears that I saw. However the description did say the entire bag was dirty and needed a cleaning (particularly on the bottom). What is your definition of "too old?" To me that is in the eye of the viewer. I would have no problem using this purse....except I hate magnetic snap purses :D

This buyer never asked for a refund, return, or opened the case.....you don't ask you don't get. But is it OK (as a person) to just flat out call someone a liar? LOL. To be honest, I think I have called a seller dishonest in feedback....but that was after multiple attempts to fix the problem with a seller (usually with no response). In this case I never got a message.

I think this buyer might have been having a bad day....or week. They typically leave positive feedback but left a few negatives right in a row.

And once again I am reinforced to the idea that I shouldn't take low offers....even to get rid of it. Just donate it already :D $5 isn't worth the headache :D

In the last 2 weeks most of my packages have been *very* late going out....which is why I switched to 5 day handling for now. I received several where is my package emails. I promptly responded to them (thank goodness for smart phones) and all were understanding and awesome. The vast majority left positive feedback. I honestly did deserve neutral/negative FB; its not  the buyers fault I have health problems. These buyers reinforce my thought that most eBay buyers are pretty awesome :D

Thankfully this is my first problem customer in a few months (since Christmas....I think). Anyone else having bad customers now? Or do the majority of your transactions go smoothly?

11 comments:

  1. I had a customer purchase one shoe, as per the listing. From experience I emailed to make sure that he knew it was one shoe. No response, two emails, no response. So I shipped to Miami. In about 4 days I get an email telling me no he didn't want the one shoe. I said send back. He said it is to expensive to ship from Costa Rica. What? I shipped to Miami. One of those forwarding companies. He opened a case and after several emails back and forth he just closed the case. I refused to pay return shipping from Costa Rica. I called ebay first and they said I only had to pay shipping from Miami where I shipped it. Whew....I dodged a bullet on that one. Since then I have pulled all of my one shoe listings. It wasn't worth the hassel. I sold one shoe twice and had it returned both times. Buyers don't read the description.
    Glad you are doing better health wise. Keep it up and you'll be back on top of everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i remember your shoe fiasco. Sigh. I definately would have pulled the shoes too. Often I don't bother to list stuff like that. I wonder if you would have had different results if you put "replacement shoe" LOL. Now that you brought that up I do have a return currently open they want me to pay return shipping from Australia (and refund original) because they didn't read that the video game was US/Canada based.

      Delete
  2. As a disabled individual, who sells on ebay because of Social Security Disabilities rules; I understand your struggle with shipping items due to health issues. Can anybody help you? When I'm struggling with health issues, like after my hand surgery last month, I have someone help me ship items. Even if I have to pay someone a little bit, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankfully i am able to drive locally again so i can make it to my office and work an hr or 2 at a time now :)

      Delete
  3. I just started selling on eBay and had a female from the UK email me about an item. I agreed to change the listing to include international shipping and I told her I only offer priority shipping internationally since it includes worldwide tracking and insurance. She then bid on the item and two days later emailed to say she wanted to retract her bid. Oh great! I make an exception and read up on international shipping to have her do this! I'm not sure what to do. I've read she's able to retract her bid herself. She I tell her to so that or cancel the listing? What a pain in the patootie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow. just wow. im sorry. they can retract their own bid. i rarely do it for them unless i get the feeling they are going to be a pain. usps now offers tracking on my international first class packages but no insurance . so far knock on wood my own "lost" packages have been domestic usps parcel select packages. i do fedex for those now

      Delete
  4. Does the tracking for international first class track the parcel to their front door? I read that it only tracks it to the country and that's it and that buyers can say it never arrived and to always ship priority. Maybe it was an old article I read. Has tracking for first class been upgraded to door to door tracking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i believe so and i think its only ecommerce related nobody at the post office knew that....but with my post office im not surprised

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your help. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble for a $14.99 item so I just canceled her bid. I'm back to no international shipping!

      Delete
    3. no worries. Its definately less headache. I don't mind it but it I run into a lot of problems that will change :D

      Delete
  5. I got my first negative (in 3 years) a few weeks back. No contact from the buyer either. She had bought some NEW Luk Ees slippers and her feedback stated they both ripped out after 1 week of wearing them. How is that my problem? They were brand new I didnt make them. eBay refused to remove the negative and told me to work with my buyer. Umm sorry if you can not communicate with me first before leaving feedback, Im not going to help you out

    ReplyDelete